When you hire someone to restore your roof , you’re entrusting them to take care of your home, which is your most valuable possession.
Over the years, Duravex Roofing Group has collaborated with Dulux Acratex, a certified applicator for Roof Restoration In Sydney. As a result, we have created this blog to explain some of the most frequent roof restoration concerns that may arise if you don’t choose an accredited, qualified, experienced restoration roofing business.
To help homeowners avoid these traps, we only use Trusted brands like – Dulux Acratex, and we are Dulux Accredited Painter. Dulux Acratex offers a generous 15-year warranty. Dulux Acratex roof coating products are tested to ensure quality and durability. Duravex Roofing Group is certified to provide this warranty.
Typical Roof Restoration Problems
From our observations, homeowners encounter issues when restorers:
1. Poor Preparation Of The Roof Surface/Substrate
One of the most crucial processes in coating any surface is preparation, which must be carried out properly for the finest results (adhesion, durability, and aesthetics).
Before any coating is put in, any surface must be sound and completely cleaned using a high-pressure cleaner.
2. Using The Wrong Products For The Job
This may seem apparent, but preparation is crucial, and using subpar tools can result in a shorter lifespan for your roof restoration.
Duravex Roofing Group Applicators/ installers we work with at Dulux Acratex are knowledgeable about our extensive selection of long-lasting coatings, which includes:
- Seal and prime surfaces with Dulux Acratex® Roof Primer Surfacer. Our high-build variant is excellent for exceptionally porous tile roofs, while our regular option works for metal and tile roofs.
- Our environmentally friendly roof membrane, Dulux Acratex® Cool Roof Commercial, is made to reflect solar radiation away from the roof surface, thereby reducing heat transfer and cooling expenses.
- Our standard membrane, Dulux Acratex® Roof Membrane, is enduring and adaptable to extremes of hot and cold weather. It is available in high gloss or mid-luster finishes.
3. Not Using Enough Products
If an applicator doesn’t use enough of the required product, the coating will likely fail or not last as long. We recommend using Dulux Acratex® Roof Membrane Glaze Coat, our protective topcoat suitable for concrete roof surfaces and metal, zincalume, and Colorbond® roof surfaces.
Our roof restoration estimator/calculator helps you. Also, the Duravex Roofing Group team will determine the precise material needed if you use Dulux Acratex Accredited roof applicator, giving you peace of mind that the restoration crew is doing a great job.
4. Avoid Using Coatings And Membranes Designed For Roofs
The materials needed to safeguard a roof must be more robust than those used to protect other house areas since a roof is constantly exposed to the weather. Thus, regular paint won’t do.
Our specialty water-based 100% acrylic roof membranes, Dulux Acratex® Cool Roof Commercial, and Dulux Acratex® Roof Membrane are designed by Dulux to meet Australian standards AS/NZS 4858 and AS 4654. Moreover, they are highly flexible, self-cleaning, robust, and have a low water absorption rate.
Locate A Reputable Roof Restorer
Do you want to use our applicator recommendation service or have any additional questions about roof restorations? Call Duravex Roofing at 1300 492 880 right now.